Twitch adds 'Stories' to its mobile app, (How to Create & View Stories on Twitch)
Twitch 'Stories' Feature
Initially, Twitch Stories was exclusively available to partners and affiliates who had conducted at least one stream in the past 30 days. However, now, all users can access Twitch Stories after updating to the latest version of the app. Access to this feature will gradually roll out to eligible streamers by the end of the week, with availability expanding as more creators meet the specified requirements.
Note: Anyone with the Twitch mobile app can view stories. The ability to create stories is limited to qualified Partners and Affiliates
Exclusive Stories for Subscribers
Creators with a minimum of 30 subscribers, including gift subscriptions, will be able to create exclusive stories for subscribers only.
How to Use Twitch Stories
Twitch suggests various uses for Stories, such as providing easy access to followers, scheduling updates, and adding visual entertainment. The mobile app will notify followers when a publisher posts a story. Moreover, users can set notifications to control the frequency of these posts, ensuring a tailored viewing experience. Creators will also gain insight into the total number of views and reactions for each story, even after it expires.
Twitch Stories presents a fresh opportunity for streamers to connect with their audience more engagingly and dynamically. Whether it's behind-the-scenes glimpses, game highlights, or personal updates, Stories offers a versatile platform for content sharing.
This new feature is a testament to Twitch's ongoing commitment to providing innovative tools and features for content creators and their communities.
How to Create a Story on Twitchpost, Here's a simple process of How to Create a Story on Twitch:
- From the Following, tap the (+) icon above "My Story", or
- Enter Creator Mode via the upper-right "Create" button. While in Creator Mode, tap the middle (+) icon on the bottom, and select "Story."
- Now, Choose Camera, Clip, or Canvas. Personalize your story by adding Twitch emotes, or text.
- Continue following the on-screen prompts to finish composing your story.
- Post your story by selecting "Your Story" or (when available) "Subscribers."
How to View Stories on Twitch
- Stories from streamers you follow will appear at the top of the Following tab.
- Stories play for a minimum of 10 seconds, up to 1 minute, depending on the length of content. Stories last 48 hours before disappearing.
- Swiping lets you go through different channels’ stories.
- Tapping lets you go through multiple stories in a single channel. If you reach the last story of that channel, it will take you to the next channel’s stories (if available).
- If a streamer is live when you view their story, tap their avatar to go to their stream and join the chat!
- When viewing a story, you can react with emotes.